At Risk of Losing Housing

Father Bill’s & MainSpring is the lead administrator of the South Shore Continuum of Care (CoC), which is a regional planning body that provides a coordinated response to homelessness. To find out which resources are available to you and which agency can best assist you, click here to visit the South Shore CoC website.

Please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions or Contact Us if you have additional questions about how we may be able to help you.

Call 508-586-2348 to find out how we may be able to assist you. Please leave a message and someone will return the call within 48 hours.

If you are an individual facing a housing crisis in the Quincy area, you can receive a range of supportive services at the day center located at Yawkey Housing Resource Center, 39 Broad Street in Quincy.

If you have received an eviction notice or are at risk of losing your apartment, please call our Tenancy Preservation Program (TPP) at the number for your city or county:

  • Brockton — 508-930-5951
  • Norfolk County — 857-275-8157
  • Plymouth County — 508-468-8234
  • Cape & Islands — 508-245-8327
  • Fall River — 508-245-8327
  • Taunton/Attleboro — 774-297-7231
  • New Bedford — 508-942-0369
  • TPP Management Office (Southeast Housing Court Division) — 508-944-9502
  • TPP Management Office (Metro South Housing Court Division) — 781-267-3594

Currently Without Housing


If you are an individual in need of emergency shelter for the night, we operate two shelters for adults (no children or minors):

Yawkey Housing Resource Center

39 Broad Street
Quincy, MA 02169
Phone: 617-770-3314

MainSpring House

54 North Main Street
Brockton, MA 02301
Phone: 508-587-5441

Intake begins at 4:30 p.m. and ends at 6:00 p.m. daily. For more information, please call our shelter sites.

During the day, individuals without housing can utilize the Yawkey Housing Resource Center (HRC), which offers a health care clinic (operated by Manet Community Health Center), and the HRC also provides access to showers, day lockers, and technology.


We are required to have a referral from the state’s Executive Office of Housing and Livable Communities (EOHLC)/Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA) for families to stay within our program (except for emergency situations). To apply for shelter, call 866-584-0653 or locate a DTA office near you here. The following DTA offices have staff that can assist with emergency shelter applications:

  • Boston – 2201 Washington Street
  • Boston (Roxbury) – Nubian Square
  • Brockton – 60 Main Street
  • Chelsea – 80 Everett Avenue, 3rd Floor
  • Hyannis – 181 North Street
  • Lawrence – 280 Merrimack Street
  • Lowell – 131 Davidson Street
  • New Bedford – 160 West Rodney French Boulevard
  • Salem – 45 Congress Street, Suite 1176
  • Springfield – 310 State Street
  • Worcester – 50 Southwest Cutoff


Contact our Veterans Program by phone at 508-418-6694 and/or by email at


We host a community lunch daily at the Yawkey Housing Resoure Center at 39 Broad Street. Doors open for lunch at 11:30 a.m. We also distribute to-go bagged lunches during lunchtime and at 6 p.m.

At MainSpring House in Brockton, bagged lunches are distributed from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and at 6 p.m.

We do not operate a food pantry.


If you are a military veteran from our service area, contact our Veterans Program at 508-418-6694 to find out the benefits and services you’re entitled to. Please leave a message and someone will return the call.

Other Resources for Veterans

Department of Veterans’ Services of Massachusetts (DVS) – The Commonwealth of Massachusetts has a long history of caring for those who served in our military.  DVS has many programs funded by the Commonwealth. Each city and town in Massachusetts is required to have a Veteran’s Service Officer, whose job it is to provide resources and assistance to veterans living in their communities. DVS may be able to help veterans who are not eligible for VA services.

600 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02111
Tel: 617-210-5480
Web Site: (info on all MA vet benefits)

  • Veteran Crisis Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255) Press 1
  • VA’s Homeless Veteran Hotline: 1-877-424-3838
  • General VA Assistance Hotline:  1-877-4AID VET (877-424-3838)

Other Local Resources

South Shore Continuum of Care

If you are a South Shore resident facing a housing crisis, please visit the South Shore CoC’s website at to find out what support and resources are available.

Rental & Other Assistance

NeighborWorks Housing Solutions

Brockton Area Multi Services (BAMSI)

Self Help Inc.

Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency (MEMA)
211 or 877-211-6277

Turning Point (serves residents of Wareham and surrounding towns)