COVID-19 UPDATE: Father Bill’s & MainSpring (FBMS) is accepting new intakes at our emergency shelters for adults, utilizing a new intake procedure designed to protect the health of our guests, staff, and community at-large.
If you are an individual in need of shelter, we ask that you call one of our main shelters to schedule an intake appointment in advance:
- MainSpring House: 54 North Main Street, Brockton, MA 02301, phone: 508-587-5441
- Father Bill’s Place: 38 Broad Street, Quincy, MA 02169, phone: 617-770-3314
A few important notes about our new intake procedure:
- We are not able to accommodate walk-in’s at our temporary shelter sites; all intakes are occurring at our main shelters, MainSpring House and Father Bill’s Place.
- FBMS is now operating with capacity limits at all sites in order to comply with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s social distancing guidelines. Once we reach our capacity limit at our individual shelters, we will maintain a waiting list for new intakes.
- In poor weather conditions, overflow space may be made available for guests in our main shelter locations. Guests can either call the shelter to inquire about this, or walk up to our individual shelter locations at 6 p.m. to access and overflow space, if available.
- New intakes must complete a COVID-19 test, which we will schedule with one of our partner healthcare providers.
For more information, please call our shelter sites.