How You Can Help
During this crisis, 260+ people every night continue to rely on our shelters in Quincy and Brockton. We ask that you help us put the word out and/or consider contributing the following essential needs:
- Become a Hero of Hope. We have launched the Campaign for Hope to help raise funds to support our most vulnerable neighbors in the year ahead. Cash donations provide us the most flexibility to respond to needs as they arise. Click here to learn about our Campaign for Hope. Donations by check can be mailed to: Father Bill’s & MainSpring, Attn: Development, 430 Belmont Street, Brockton, MA 02301
- We are hiring temporary, part-time, and full-time shelter support staff to help meet a growing need for our services. We’re paying $19/hour during this crisis. Individuals can also volunteer to support our operations. Click here for the job description. To apply, send cover letter resume to email@example.com.
- Prepared meals We’re in need of prepared, serve-ready meals for our shelter sites. Click here for our specific meal needs for each site. Deliveries must be scheduled in advance. Contact Mary Ann Mendes, firstname.lastname@example.org (508-427-6448 X2283) for available dates and delivery instructions.
IMPORTANT: Please wear gloves and use care when handling food.
- Bagged lunches (shelf stable items preferred) Click here to learn more about bagged lunch donations. IMPORTANT: Please wear gloves and use care when handling food.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) and cleaning supplies – masks, gloves, hand soap, Lysol spray and wipes, toilet paper, paper towels.
- Travel-size toiletries like shampoo, body wash, etc. for our shelter guests.
- Toiler paper, hand soap, and bottled water for tenants of our permanent supportive housing properties.
Donations can be sent or delivered to our shelter sites, Father Bill’s Place (38 Broad Street, Quincy) and MainSpring House (54 N. Main Street, Brockton), or to our administrative offices at 430 Belmont Street in Brockton. All donations must be coordinated in advance of delivery, and donations can be picked up at your vehicles by staff at these locations. To schedule a delivery, email email@example.com.