We believe that no veteran should be homeless. No matter what branch of the military you served in, no matter how long you served, no matter what your experience was, no matter what type of discharge you received, Father Bill’s & MainSpring (FBMS) stands ready to help.
FBMS offers a wide array of supports to help veterans get back on their feet and rejoin their communities. These include:
- Emergency shelter for veterans and veteran families.
- Transitional program for veterans with studio apartments and supportive services at The Residences at Spring Street in Brockton.
- Permanent supportive housing for veterans.
- Specialists to help veterans access services and benefits, connect to resources and health professionals and transition to housing and employment.
- Peer-to-Peer-program in collaboration with the regional Veterans Administration (VA) and Department of Veteran Services.
- U.S. Workforce program to help veterans prepare for and find employment.
Read our Welcome Home guide to learn more about our resources for veterans.
If you are a veteran in need of immediate assistance you may call the following numbers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
VA Veterans Suicide Hot Line: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
The VA’s hot line is staffed by mental health professionals 24 hours a day 7 days a week. They will take toll-free calls from across the country and work closely with local VA mental health providers to help callers.
National Call Center for Homeless Veterans: 1-877-4AID VET (877-424-3838)
The VA hotline ensures that homeless Veterans or Veterans at-risk for homelessness have free, 24/7 access to trained VA staff members. The hotline is intended to assist homeless Veterans and their families, VA Medical Centers, federal, state and local partners, community agencies, service providers and others in the community.
“Father Bill's and MainSpring is a great partner with the Massachusetts Department of Veterans Services. Our partnership is really helping end veterans’ homelessness on the South Shore.”
Secretary Coleman Nee, Massachusetts Department of Veterans Services